UPDATE: To see more carbon fiber guitars, check out the new article we just posted 6 sexy carbon fiber guitar.
A company by the name of Blackbird Rider has come out with the enthusiast version of acoustic guitar. Instead of being made out of wood, it is in fact made out of carbon fiber:
There are quite a few benefits using carbon fiber over wood:
- It’s really light. It weighs in at about 3lbs.
- It’s really strong. We all know that carbon fiber is a strong material, this allows the guitar to be dropped without breaking, and even more scratch resistant.
- It’s tiny, which also makes it portable. That means it’s easy to carry around wherever you need. It’s about 30% smaller than a normal guitar.
- It has an all-hollow design. Since the body, neck, and head are all hollow, it really gives it a rich loud sound.
- No truss rod is needed since the hollow neck is stable and stiff enough.
- From a manufacturing standpoint, it allows for a new design that cannot be done with wood.
- It looks awesome!
All of this comes with a hefty price tag though. Blackbird Rider sells the guitars for $1,599, which includes a bag.